BlackBerry 10 smartphone does not load, immediately after powering on a logo is displayed on the screen indicating that the device should be connected to a computer with a USB cable.
To recover the BlackBerry 10 smartphone complete the following steps. NOTE - this procedure is only available on a Windows PC.
- Shutdown BlackBerry Link (and BlackBerry Desktop Software if installed).
- Detach all BlackBerry smartphones, including the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that cannot be booted up.
- Using Internet Explorer navigate to BlackBerry Software Updates, scroll down the page and select the Check for Updates button.
- Connect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that cannot be booted up.
- Hold the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off, then
press the power button again so it turns on. A prompt will appear and
the BlackBerry smartphone will show in the drop down list shortly
after the LED lights up as red (it could show up as USB: UNKNOWN or
USB: BlackBerry (PIN) – both are normal/fine). Click the OK Button as
soon as it becomes enabled. NOTE: there is only 15 seconds to do
this. Note: Once the above steps are completed successfully a dialog
will be displayed stating Checking for BlackBerry Device Software
The BlackBerry 10 smartphone will now power itself off after 120 seconds. Shortly after the 120 seconds, the BlackBerry smartphone LED should turn green. Continue to wait after the LED turns green and you will be prompted to install BlackBerry Device Software. Follow the prompts to install the BlackBerry Software and once the installation is complete the smartphone will boot up and is now recovered.